Darlaston Builders Merchants Limited recognises that its operations have a direct impact on the natural and human environment. We aim through our Environmental Policy to consider the environmental implications of our activities and to actively seek the co-operation of clients, sub-contractors, suppliers and all our employees in minimising adverse effects.
To achieve these objectives we will:
- •Comply with all relevant legislation concerning the protection of the environment, and in the absence of governmental legislation recommended sound environmental practices.
- •Advise our customers and their advisors of environmentally positive construction alternatives.
- •Promote the co-operation of all our employees through consultation and awareness.
- •Encourage our suppliers to utilise sound environmental practices and sustainable resources as an integral part of our Procurement Policy.
- •Ensure the efficient use of resources and control of waste by increasing the use of recycled materials, and wherever possible using materials so as to improve lifetime of developments.
- •Liaise with the local communities and businesses so that contact can be made at the earliest opportunity to minimise disturbance and social impact.
- •Continually seek to improve performance by regular monitoring.